As the wife of an avid outdoorsman who actually enjoys carrying all of his belongings on his back, while hiking through rugged terrain all day only to get to camp in the evening fix his own supper over an open fire and then sleep on the hard ground in a small tent which he has also been carrying around on his back all day, I am used to the call of the wild. It is just not a call that I hear in my head. The call I get usually includes a resort with an indoor pool, hot tub and a sandy beach outside...
But this weekend, I am sucking it up and going camping in the great outdoors with my four favorite guys. I guess I told Corey way back when we were dating that I liked to camp. Oh the things you will say when you are young and in love!! It really wasn't a complete lie. We camped quite a bit growing up. My camping experiences just always included a motorhome and modern facilities if you know what I mean. We have made a compromise that will make camping workable for me. We bought a used pop-up camper last summer, so I will get to sleep in a bed and have the modern convenience of electricity and a stove to cook on. I have also made Corey promise that if we are going to be a summer camping family, we get to go somewhere and stay in a hotel with a pool in the winter.
I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun, though I'm still a little leary about the whole thing. If it is just too much for me to take, I can always pack up myself and Lewis and come home. We'll only be about 20 miles away.
I'll post photos afterwards if I survive the trip!
2 comments:
Then I think you are coming with us to East Iowa next summer. They at least have a pool and mini golf????
I am proud of you!! Sorry we couldn't make it to roast marshmallows but we're fighting some yucky virus (fevers and rashes). Grrr..I'm glad you had so much fun! Maybe we'll be able to tag along sometime??
Post a Comment