Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sick and Tired

Things moms do when they are sick -
  1. Change 3 dirty diapers.
  2. Wipe up approximately 8 piles of spit-up.
  3. Build one fort out of two cardboard boxes.
  4. Build a lego house.
  5. Make lunch for a preschooler.
  6. Feed a baby.
  7. Pick up one child from kindergarten.
  8. Do laundry so the kindergartener has pants to wear to school tomorrow, and the 31-year-old has pants to wear to work. (If someone had told me I would be sick, I don't think I'd have let myself get behind in the laundry department.)
  9. Blog. (Okay, I don't have to blog, but I'm trying to pass the next 1/2 hour until Corey comes home from worship practice.)

Things moms don't do when they are sick.

  1. Lay on the couch all day (though I wanted to so badly).
  2. Watch TV
  3. Shower.
  4. Change out of sweats.
  5. Rest.

I have a wonderful husband who stayed home long enough to get the kids up and going for the day this morning, and then came home early and fed the kids supper so I could take a nap, so I really can't complain too much. I just don't think I appreciated that previous era of my life when being sick meant I could just be sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! It's so hard to even keep your eyes open but you're still required to 'maintain your composure, play joyfully, and act as though nothing is wrong.' Just wait until you're 45..then you can really be "sick" again :)

Marti