Monday, August 4, 2008

Dumpster Diving Scores

I worked my 2 paid days of the year last week painting apartments for Corey's boss. It was a "fun-filled" couple days with two of my friends and my mother-in-law, as we rolled and trimmed and even cleaned bugars off of walls (no joke - poor Cinnamon got that job!)

But the most exciting part is what we found in the dumpsters. July 31st is a great time for dumpster diving in Ames! College students throw away very good stuff. Corey scored a guitar stand. I got an oak shelf for my wall, a nice curtain rod and a stack of baseball cards and a nice pair of soccer shoes to try to sell on ebay - if they don't make me any money, I'll just put them back in the trash. My mother-in-law got what looked like a new broom and dust pan, and my friend got a pool cue. What fun!!

No comments: