Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Frigid Temps + Young Boys = Craziness


Thunk...thunk...thunk...thunk...THUD. "That didn't hurt." - This is what I heard the other day as I sat at the dining room table.

"What didn't hurt?" was my response to Carter.

What didn't hurt was a crash landing during a trip down the stairs in the clothes basket. This is what boys do when they have been trapped inside for days on end due to absolutely frigid temperatures. You might wonder what else they do, or maybe you have boys of your own and have a list similar to mine.


1. Remove the mattress off of a bed and use it to jump on, and then lean it on the couch and fling yourself into it at great rates of speed.

2. Make gingerbread cookies. Decorate gingerbread cookies. This is a very nice calm activity until you factor the 19-month-old decorator into the equation.

3. Watch Kung-fu Panda, and then proceed to Kung-Fu each other until both are in tears.

4. Talk your mother into putting up the tent in the living room. Once it's up, fill it to the brim with pillows and couch cushions, and run across the room and flip into it.


By Tuesday morning, my sanity was in serious question, so I did the only thing I could think to do. I took them to The Playground http://www.theplaygroundforkids.com/ in Ankeny where they romped for hours while I chased Lewis and drank coffee with my friend Kerrie, whose sons were also in great need of some energy releasing activity.


No comments: