I did not grow up in a "sports" house. My mom and dad watched some Hawkeye basketball, the occassional Hawkeye wrestling meet, and professional golf (but I don't really consider that a sport. If you can drink a beer while playing, it's not a sport in my book.)
.
A little more than 11 years ago, I married Corey, and quickly realized that sports meant more to him than they did to my family. One particular sport, and particular team to be more specific. My man is a die-hard Vikings fan. No fair weather here. He is a fan to the bone. So, I, being a blank slate to all things related to professional football, hopped on the Corey Harms bandwagon, and have been a Vikings fan ever since. I enjoy watching the games with him. I (sort of) follow who plays what position, who's having a good year and what good people they pick up between seasons. I have been a fan through several coaches, several quarterbacks and a lot of wins and a lot of losses. We've been to a few games in the dome. We even got one of our children's names from a Vikings player - can you guess which one? (I'll give you a hint - In 2000, he caught his 1000th career reception.)
.
So, the game last night was a big one for us. Big enough that we let the boys stay up on a school night. (We only have one boy who really cared to watch the whole thing, but how can you let one stay up while his brother whom he shares a room with goes to bed?) So we all watched. And I let myself get emotionally involved in a game where a bunch of guys run up and down a field knocking each other over trying to get that little brown ball into the end zone. It's kind of silly actually. But it is fun at the same time. I really enjoy watching the Vikings play. I'm bummed they lost, but it's nice to be able to enjoy something Corey enjoys. And who knows, maybe Favre will have another good year next year, if he doesn't decided to retire. Oh yeah, and we looked super-cute in our matching fleece Vikings pants (thanks mom). Don't you think?
2 comments:
You look super cute. The guys, however, look manly and fierce. (You're welcome Corey!!)
I agree with Marti. Kim = cute. Corey, Carter, and Owen = ferocious. Lewis = somewhere in between.
Post a Comment