

I don't like a lot of television shows. I get irritated by all the unsavory humor in the sitcoms, I can't handle the disturbing story lines in most of the "cop" shows, and even the thought of watching the "Desperate Housewives" type of a drama makes me want to puke. But there are two shows I love! You might even say I have a slight obsession. Those shows are SURVIVOR and LOST. I have seen all but one season of Survivor, and am in the process of watching LOST for the second time through on DVD.
.
On Monday nights, Corey and I have a small handful of young people (whom we've gotten to know well through Corey's work with the youth group at church) come over for supper, some Wii playing with the boys, and some LOST. After the boys go to bed, we watch 3 or 4 episodes. I'm not sure how it became a Monday night event, but it is loads of fun. And dinnertime is a great preparation for me for when my boys are older. Feeding a couple teenage boys is quite interesting. (If you happen to read my blog, Andy, I have no idea where all that food you eat goes.)
.
.
I don't know why I love these shows so much, but I could sit on the couch with some snacks and watch either one for hours. I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle being a contestant on Survivor, but then again, I was pretty sure I wouldn't survive two nights on the Super Hiking Trail, and I was fairly concerned about falling off of a cliff into the Pacific on the Kalalau Trail, and I lived to tell about each of those adventures. So, maybe I could live on coconuts and bugs with a handful of strangers for 39 days. But I'm not going to apply, so I guess I'll never know for sure. And as far as LOST goes, the good vs. evil thing along with all the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" type of connections has totally drawn me in; that and the cool accents and all of Sawyer's great one-liners.
.Anyway, I will watch Survivor until they finally decide to take if off the air, and someday down the road, I will likely watch all the seasons LOST again, but I doubt there will be many shows in the future that will capture my attention like both of these have.
.
.
And, on a random note, I have discovered as I have watched these shows that Jeff Probst (host of survivor) and Richard Alpert (forever young Other on LOST) look remarkably similar. Their photos are above. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment