(I am totally stealing this idea from my friend Emily, who keeps a blog about her life with her husband and three kids in China. Thanks for the idea Em.)
I started this blog shortly after Lewis was born, mainly to post photos for the grandparents, so they could easily keep up with our growing family. Three and a half years later, it has become a bit of an addiction. I love to write, and I love to take pics of my kids, so I find blogging to be super-duper fun.
So, here's the deal. I'd like to know who reads this thing. I would keep doing it, even if it was just my mom and dad and my best friend Marti ;) But, I'm curious if other people are keeping up with the Harms family through our blog.
Here's what I would like you to do. Leave a comment about your favorite Christmastime traditions, and I will take all the comments and randomly draw someone's name to win a lovely set of Thank You notecards.
Let the commenting begin :)
15 comments:
I've got you in my blog reader, so I always see/read your updates. I enjoy keeping up on your family.
No need to put me in the drawing.
Jason Willis
Kimbery, (sp on purpose ;o) )
well, I have just become a recent reader because you mentioned something on facebook about the dress's post. So I was intrigued and checked out your blog. I was so moved by your post and your desire to help out by making all those dresses. I really wanted to help, but I live in Ukraine so I was unable to make offer to make anything cause it would be difficult to get it to you. I love reading about your family and I think Corey's canoe is cool.
Laura Rechkemmer
Yaaaay contests!!!
Every Christmas Eve my grandparents and my aunt and uncle and their kids and my family all get together after church and open presents and eat ridiculously good food together. This year will be my first year opening presents with the grown-ups. It's a pretty normal Christmas tradition, but I love it.
Mara
I'm addicted to stalking you guys so I check your blog all the time! Our Christmas tradition: We are pretty simple. We make a big deal out of putting up our tree. I like to get a new ornament each year to symbolize that year and we talk about it as we put up the tree. We also do a version of the Jesse Tree activities with paper and coloring (instead of ornaments) to show how history leads up to the birth of Christ. These are probably two of the most meaningful things we do!
Do I count since I am one of the Grandmas this blog is for?!? I love it and check everyday for something new.
Christmas traditions? Do we have any? Being together, eating lots, opening lots of gifts, jigsaw puzzles, spoiling my kids (big and small). Best time of the year.
Kim's mom
I love staying current with you and your family on the blog!
Christmas Tradition: We're not often all together, but for whoever is together, we go around the room and try to recite the Christmas Story -"And the birth of Christ was on this wise......." Of course we end up helping each other out until we've recited the whole thing. It helps that the "grands" now are old enough to have input too -:).
Please keep the blog going -:)
Hi Kim!
I keep tabs on you too! Helps me still feel connected to your family even though we don't get to talk very often any more....maybe someday we'll get better at that! My favorite Christmas tradition is driving around together looking at Christmas lights. Eric & I started doing this before we got married & haven't missed a year yet!
Rachel Akslen
I check in on you guys too!
Kristine
While it may be weeks between views, I have enjoyed your posts.
I have been trying to install a few traditions of our own for Christmas. First, a homemade felt nativity scene advent calendar with associated Bible verses. Second, for the last 2 years, we have done a time lapse video of decorating the tree. I hope to continue each year we are in this house and make a montage video of our 5 years in Macon. It will be fun to see how Trey grows.
I read!!
My fave Christmas tradition is Christmas Eve as Mara described. It is SO fun! Plus my little family (hubs, me, Madeline and Eli) always wear new matching jammies that night! A tradition that started the first year Chad and I were married!
Hey happy to help:). A very fun tradition my Great Grandfather started was the following. You take all the kids to the grocery store on Cmas Eve (I later learn this helps the Mom out a lot!) and each kid gets to pick out three things they want. Mostly it is total junk food! But the kids have a blast running around the store- the Dads have fun racing the carts and the Moms get five minutes peace and quiet until the candy filled monsters come home! Also growing up when I REALLY wanted something at the grocery store my Mom would simply say " you need to wait until Cmas Eve" and that was usually enough to keep me quiet :)
Hey Kim,
I found your blog when you started making the dresses for the little girls. I think that is so neat!
A favorite christmas eve tradition is my mom's side of the family all goes to my grandma and grandpa's and my grandpa reads the christmas story, we open presents then we all play board games for hours!
Jessica Wollaston
I read it! I read it!
I was going to say what Mara and Manda said. I adore Christmas. I adore my family. They make a pretty good combo.
It was good seeing you today. :)
Manda- you won the prize! Thanks for all the comments.
Post a Comment