Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Chef I am Not



I have never claimed to enjoy cooking, nor to be very good at it. I cook out of necessity. In fact, if I had the choice of hiring a maid or a cook, I would go with the cook hands down! That said, I do make some meals that my family likes. One of the few things all of us enjoy is pork chops. (I found this great marinade recipe that makes me feel like I can cook).

I usually buy thin chops, and I have figured out the timing to getting them done just right. Last week, however, I bought these really thick chops and had no idea how long to have them in the oven. I didn't quite get it right. The flavor was pretty good, but after Owen took his first bite, he asked me very innocently, "Are we eating wood for supper?" I don't know, maybe a good soft cut of cedar would have tasted better.

No comments: