Thursday, April 30, 2009
The Mom
It's 10:00, and Carter just got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I went in to see if everything was okay, because he has been sleeping for the past 2 hours, and he just doesn't normally get out of bed. He was fine, but as I was talking to him, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it struck me that I am the mom. It was the strangest thing. I mean, I know I'm the mom. I've been the mom for close to 8 years now, but it just struck me funny. I'm the one they call mom. I tuck them in. I scratch their backs. I make their supper. I make sure their library books get in their backpacks on the right day...I'm the mom. Wow. When did that happen? I used to be the kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And a great "the mom" you are. One of the best!
ahh I keep telling Jason that I am not old enough to be "the mom". He reminds me that I am 32 and old enough to be "the mom." It is a weird feeling sometimes to realize I am not the youngster. I am suppose to be responsible!
Post a Comment