Sunday, May 3, 2009

Man Trip Spring 2009

All who know my husband are familiar with his semi-annual trips into the wilderness. I have dubbed these his "man trips." This spring was his third trip to the Buffalo River in Arkansas. A relatively large group of seven men from church bravely (?) decided to go with him. I used to be perplexed at his need to leave his wonderful little family to get cold, wet, sore and tired over a 48 to 72 hour period. Then I read Wild at Heart, and it all makes sense to me now. It's like something innate, and I already see it in my sons. The need to explore the wilderness...to walk through the creek in search of some kind of treasure...to see if they can climb up to the tippy-top of a tree...to dig a gigantic hole in the dirt just for the fun of it...

The following are a couple pictures from his trip, which didn't go quite as planned - a trip to the emergency room Friday evening was not on the agenda - but I think they all had a good time, and sometimes stitches (not on Corey, another guy cut his leg on a rock) go hand-in-hand with adventure.





No comments: