In August, we accepted an offer on our house. Because it was contingent on the sale of the buyer's house, we told very few people. We were guardedly excited. I tried to keep my mindset the same as it would be if we hadn't received an offer.
Then, our buyer's house sold. The contigency was taken off. Inspections were complete. We stopped showing our house. A sale pending sign was added to our yard. Our closing date was set. As stated in a previous post, I stopped "uber-cleaning." I let myself get excited. The guard was down. We told the boys. We told people. We started looking for an apartment....
Well, now our house is "unsold." Something happened, not with the people who were going to buy our house, but with the people who were going to buy their house. So, the contingency is back on. Uff-dah!
So, the emotional roller-coaster that is selling a house, just blasted down a giant hill, leaving my stomache in my throat. But I know that God is good. And I know that his goodness is not dependent on my emotions and thoughts. He is good when I am happy. He is good when I am sad. He is good through every up and down I go through. And that, my friends, is worth so much more than the sale of my house.
So, though this girl is disappointed, she is not devastated. A house is a house. And this situation is what it is, and I can plot and plan all I want, but I will never be in control of this journey. And though I sometimes want control very badly; I'm so glad that God won't let me have it. He is good.
Now, I should get going. I hear a mop and a kitchen floor calling my name!
2 comments:
How frustrating. At least you got a small break from the cleaning. :)
Your approach to the situation reminds me of this quote:
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." -M. Washington
I hope you can put up the SOLD sign sooner than later.
Lori
Thanks for the quote, Lori. Sometimes I have to work very hard to not allow my circumstances determine my attitude.
Post a Comment